The [CODE] RED™ emergency tourniquet is intended as a first response to treat severe limb bleeding injuries and amputations.
- The round high-visibility tab easily guides the strap into the buckle.
- Lightweight aluminum buckle tested to withstand loading of up to 500kg.
- Integrated time band to log the time of application.
- Nylon webbed strapping tested to withstand 1000kg, sewn with high strength Kevlar thread.
- Lightweight, glass-fibre reinforced windlass to secure required high levels of force.
The [CODE] RED™ tourniquet from Reliance Medical is an emergency haemorrhage control device designed to stop excessive bleeding when applied to a catastrophic limb injury. The nylon webbed strapping is tested to withstand 1000kg and is stitched using high strength Kevlar thread, ensuring the tourniquet is dependable and robust.
The windlass retaining arms and cam buckle are made from lightweight aluminum to aid portability, and with the buckle rated to tolerate stresses up to 500kg, there is no compromise in strength.
The windlass is also lightweight, made from glass-fibre reinforced plastic and possessing the strength required to secure the high levels of force needed to occlude blood flow. Thorough testing has proved the [CODE] RED™ emergency tourniquet to be a strong and reliable device for rapidly stemming the blood flow of an injured limb, and capable of withstanding the rigorous demands placed upon it.